Simutrans version 0.102.2.2
From the new world dialog you are able change the parameters that will determine the chacteristics of the map to be created for a new game. Also, in the top left corner of the screen is a dialog to select which language to use.
- Map Number will determine the 'layout' of the map, including amount and placement of water, hills, trees, city locations and industry locations. A preview is shown for each map. The default map number is 33.
- Size will determine how big the map will be. This ranges from 128x128 to 4096x4096 squares. Default value is 256.
- No. of Cities will determine how many cities are placed on the map. This ranges from 2 cities to 64. Default value is 16 cities.
- Median Citizens per Town will determine the average number of people inhabiting each town. Default value is 1600
- Intercity Road Len will determine the length of roads connecting cities at the start of the game. The default setting is 800. A larger number means a greater inter connectivity
- Traffic Density will determine how many private cars will be driving around in the cities. The default setting is 8. A higher number means less traffic, and a lower number more. (!) If it is set to 0, traffic is turned off.
- Factories Outside Cities will dermine the number of factories initially in the world. Default value is 6
- Markets In Cities will determine the number of industries operating within the cities. Default value is 0
- Tourist Attractions will determine the number of attractive places for people to see. Default value is 12
The Random map button will select a random map number. This does not change any other settings you have set.
Use Timeline From Year will Enforce the introduction dates of vehicles, transport systems &amp; buildings. Default is off
Allow Player Change will Allow the player to switch between his company, to the public entity or A.I. Players
The Load button allows you to choose from a previously saved game to play.
The Start game button will start a new game with all the parameters that's you have set.
- Water Level will determine how high the level of water will be. The lower the level the more land will appear, and vice-versa. The default setting is 4.
- Mountain Height will determine the height of the highest mountain on the map. Default value is 160.
- Map Roughness setting determines how smooth the map will be, the lower the number the less little hills and ditches. This ranges from 1 to 3. The default setting is 2.