Table of contents
- Installing Simutrans
Online installer. Users of Windows Defender antivirus may be blocked from downloading this file by a false positive virus identification. You may install manually as per below.
- rpm-Repository (Tested on Fedora 18 & 24)
- deb-Repository (Tested on Ubuntu 16/18/20 & Linux Mint 19.x)
- AUR packages for Arch Linux & Manjaro users
Simutrans on Steam. By default it comes with pak128, but other paksets are available as DLCs and in the Steam workshop.
- Official Homepage: www.simutrans.com
- Forum: Download Simutrans Forum
- Sourceforge: SourceForge Simutrans Download
- Windows: simuwin
- Mac: simumac
- Linux: simulinux
You can download paksets from:
- From Simutrans 123. The in-game installer (available from "Options -> Install" or from the pakset selector).
- The installer included in the zip file
- Windows: download-paksets.exe
- Linux/macOS: get_pak.sh
- Manual download from the following sources:
- You need to decompress and copy the pakset folder (ignoring the "simutrans" folder, if any) to your Simutrans installation folder. From versions greater than Simutrans 123.0.1 you can also copy the pakset folder to the following locations:
- Linux: ~/simutrans/paksets
- macOS; ~/Library/simutrans/paksets
- Windows: Copy to clipboard%localappdata%\simutrans
- Keep in mind that the installed paksets should fit with the Simutrans version you have installed. The Simutrans version at SourceForge is directly indicated in the download link. If you don't know it at all, you can find it in the top left corner of the title bar when you start the program. Older paksets versions usually work with newer program versions, but older Simutrans versions often don't work with current paksets versions, because they use features that are missing in the older version.
For a full list of paksets, check the paksets page of this wiki. Now you have everything you need to play Simutrans. Have fun!
compile Simutrans on your system.
- CPU step: 500 MHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Graphic card: 16 Bit SVGA
- Resolution: 800x600
- CPU step: 2 GHz (multi-core CPU can improve Simutrans' performance)
- 4 GB ( Cards up to 2000x2000 )
- 8 GB ( Cards with more than 2000x2000 )
- Graphics card: 32 Bit True Color
- Resolution: 1280x1024
- 64 paksets: 50 MB
- 128 paksets
- pak128.cz: 120 MB
- pak128.japan, pak128.britain: 280 MB
- pak128, pak128.german: 500 MB
- 192 paksets (pak192.comic): 800 MB
GitHub Nightly Releases.
Arch Linux / Manjaro users may also want to install simutrans-svn available in the AUR.
IMPORTANT: Nightly releases are not tested and could contain critical bugs. If you are afraid of losing your savegame, please use a stable version.
For earlier versions, if the music doesn't work and Simutrans was compiled with SDL2_Mixer you can follow these steps:
- Install fluidsynth and a MIDI soundfont from your package manager.
- Open Simutrans with the SDL_SOUNDFONTS=/path/to/soundfont variable set. Example:
Copy to clipboard
Now music should work, but it may slow down the startup significantly.
Copy to clipboard
Keep in mind that SDL support for Wayland is still in early phase, so it could lead to some unexpected issues (like mouse pointer not being displayed).